Richard Benwell established the practice on the 1st May 2000. Originally the Practice had a predominantly residential and project management bias; however over the last ten years asbestos related work has come to be a predominant area of our business. Asbestos related work is undertaken by Richard Benwell MRICS, this way he can ensure that the Practice will be providing the best and most cost efficient service to yourselves.
Currently around 75% of our work is recommendation or repeat business. Our reputation for polite, prompt and professional service is confirmed by the above statistic. We have a high level of integrity and are independent of all asbestos removal companies; therefore you can be certain that the advice you receive is impartial and in your best interest. Both the HSE and DoE guidance notes show that the majority of asbestos containing materials, still present in occupied buildings, can be and should be safely retained; there could be a conflict of interest therefore appointing an Asbestos Removal Company.
The list below of some of our clients, shows the quality and range of our experience:
- Charitable Organisations – The largest of these being The National Trust
- Educational institutions
- Local authorities & political associations
- Tenanted and freehold farms & estates
- Management agents residential & commercial
- Decommissioned airfields & camps
- Rail & train operators
- Pension funds
- Housing associations & care homes
- Numerous commercial, industrial, retail & office units
- Numerous householders, primarily for the sampling & advising on materials that have been found by other surveyors during a building survey or an homebuyer report